Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Risk and Safety department. Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provides recommendations; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Prepares monthly loss control reports for Finance department and provides loss analysis in accordance with budget. Runs reports for HR, Finance, and Operations to analyze performance and allow for department chargebacks.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Directs OSHA and Corporate Safety Compliance: HAZCOM, Bloodborne Pathogens, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Fire Extinguishers and Safety Equipment Oversight, Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Training on Powered industrial Trucks, Ladder Safety Training, Confined Space Assessment & Training, Power Tools Training, and maintains Safety Data Sheets.
- Ensures minimum guidelines issued by Corporate Risk that are applicable to the property are locally adopted and followed in written safety program.
- Directs Safety Committee and develops material for monthly meetings.
- Liaises with HR to facilitate assignment for return to work job duty which adheres to medical restrictions and reports status change to claims adjuster.
- Works with assigned claims adjuster to provide settlement recommendation and communicates settlement authority back to TPA for claim resolution in the best interest of the property.
- Manages and/or coordinates all property claim investigations; coordinates legal representation in all property litigation; investigates and provides settlement recommendation for claim resolution in the best interest of the property.
- Participates in claims reviews.
- interfaces with personnel at other properties and acts as liaison with legal team as required in litigation files, including attendance at depositions and trials.
- Keeps accurate files on all general liability, workers compensation, and safety files. Maintains and updates all OSHA recordkeeping requirements and written policies.
- Establishes and maintains files of certificates of insurance for contractors, subcontractors, and outside vendors. Establishes and maintains insurance files on all real property, company vehicles, planes, and special events.
- Responsible for seeing that the property meets all contractual agreements which pertain to the insurance Programs.
- Ensures contractors are following safety program and have proper insurance including certificates of insurance, additional insured language, and waivers of subrogation.
- Ensures physical demands analysis and job hazard analysis are up to date and on file at the property.
- Responsible for making sure in-house property inspections and weekly property walks are conducted. Sets and tracks accident reduction goals for each department.
- Leads coordination of infrared Electrical inspection and Property Engineering inspection and acts as liaison with consultants, including ensuring recommended items are being addressed with property management. Within 30 days of written report, processes the property's response to any findings. Leads EHS (environmental, health, and safety) at the property, including responsibility for the written safety program. Develops contractor safety management program
- Manages AED program. Ensures inspections and maintenance including advising on whether First Aid/CPR/AED training meets requirements.
- Directs post-accident drug testing and ensures injured employees are accompanied to the hospital or other emergency treatment.
- Develops workplace violence, active shooter, operations, Facilities, HR, Security, and contractor safety management and training programs.
- Monitors Kitchen Safety Training including Food Safety Training.
- Maintains and develops, as well as tracks compliance for, all Greenlight training for Risk/Safety purposes.
- Develops and maintains productive, informative, and respectful relationships that support achievement of business-focused results with assigned departments.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to Executive Management/GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred. Must have minimum of six (6) years of progressive responsibility within the Risk Management field, with experience dealing with claim resolution.
- Must have working knowledge of Risk Management disciplines, including OSHA, safety, training, and the ability to lead.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer