Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the Slots department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Create effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Assists in oversight of electronic gaming device activities for adherence to established procedures on assigned shift.
- Makes suggestions regarding types of materials, supplies, or tools to be used within established guidelines on assigned shift.
- Shares responsibility for layouts to installations of slot machines.
- Schedules preventative maintenance of slot machines.
- Assist with scheduling of troubleshooting and repair of machine malfunctions and player tracking system problems. Writes correspondence needed to move, convert, or install slot related equipment.
- Assists in the repair, maintenance and performance of all slots and related gaming equipment.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and practices are consistently followed and comply with the company's service standards, brand attributes, policies, collective bargaining agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Carries out the development, execution and measurement of departmental service standards for the Slot Technical team.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Associates degree (A.A) from technical school; or one to two years in Slot management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Excellent skills in both written and oral communication.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) and have knowledge of Slot operating systems.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs