Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- Produces menu items as listed in each restaurant; follows all prep lists, and ensures kitchens are stocked and ready for service.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Assists with maintaining cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory in each restaurant.
- Assists Chef de Cuisine with administrative duties, such as tracking/maintaining attendance records.
- Assists with maintaining established quality assurance procedures to ensure acceptable health department and customer service standards.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Associate degree (A.A.) in culinary or related field, and minimum two (2) years of culinary experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum one (1) year of previous supervisory experience required. - Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English. - Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook). - Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. - Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. - Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization. - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. - Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner. - Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs