Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Develops trusted business relationships with property decision-makers and executives.
- identifies opportunities for the use of technology to drive property profitability and growth.
- Facilitates the adoption and effectiveness of technology-based capabilities.
- Plans and manages small- to medium-scale initiatives.
- Helps shape the vision of long-term technology strategy.
- Conducts research to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist at the company.
- Facilitates requirements and design sessions with business partners.
- Develops functional specifications and use cases for new capabilities.
- Contributes business partner perspective to discussions within the iT organization.
- Assists with the planning and execution of user acceptance testing and change management.
- Works with Corporate iT to define forward-looking strategy and roadmap.
- Creates standards, processes, and guidelines to document and support business use of iT capabilities.
- Works with business partners to develop and evaluate cost-benefit and ROi analyses.
- Participates in the execution of intake and prioritization exercises.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management information Systems and minimum four (4) years of related experience as a Business or Systems Analyst required.
- Subject matter knowledge of Gaming Operations required.
- 4+ years of experience developing functional specifications, use cases, and testing plans.
- 4+ years of experience in SDLC methodology.
- 4+ years of experience leading small and medium-scale initiatives.
- 1-2 years of working knowledge of SQL and relational database design principles.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and persuasively; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must have the ability to incorporate creative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently.
- Ability to engage business partners and quickly develop trusting relationships.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to solve problems, think critically, and overcome delivery hurdles.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs