Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Responsible for assisting in directing the operations and staff of the HR department:
- Assist in developing, implementing and managing operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Serves as strategic business partner to various client groups. Understands the organizational structure for each department; develops and maintains knowledge of the business unit needs; and provides HR support to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Develops and maintains productive, informative, and respectful relationships that support achievement of business focused results with assigned departments.
- Assist in identifying and developing strategies for client groups with respect to turnover, recruitment, staff development, engagement, employee relations, guest service, compensation, benefits/wellness, and, performance management issues.
- Assists in preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Executive Management / GM / VP HR.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Ensures service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Ensures that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction. Partners with the top HR leader in the monthly reconciliation, P&L review and approving departmental purchasing.
- Partners with Executives to determine the Human Resources department's strategy and its needs.
- Analyzes property trends and metrics relative to engagement, turnover, staff development, etc. in partnership with HR team. Assist in Developing solutions, programs and policies, as necessary, relating to turnover, recruitment, engagement, leadership opportunities; Reviews and benchmarks the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives.
- Assist in developing reports and other key metrics; including but not limited to, the monthly HR Scorecard, Strategic Plan or other identified HR analytics.
- Conducts and oversees effective, thorough and objective investigations in cases of grievances, harassment, employee concerns or EEOC issues.
- Supports the internal and external recruitment efforts for the property to include, but not limited to:
- Managing Open Job Requisitions for Exempt roles.
- Pre-screen potential candidates and build talent pool for all positions.
- Developing sourcing strategies for open roles.
- Manages and resolves employee and/or labor relations issues; handles grievances and arbitrations if applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and regulations.
- Provides performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action and terminations) guidance/counsel to client groups and their teams to ensure compliance with law, regulations, and internal policy/procedure.
- Assists Executive leaders to identify Manager development opportunities and ensure they are able to meet current and future performance standards.
- Participates in the creation of the property Talent Review process and development plans for property leaders. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Participates in and provides human resources updates and feedback in property management meetings at various levels.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of assigned department's jobs, organization structures, and compensation and operating practices relating to Human Resources.
- Monitors, evaluates, and develops strategies and practices to address potential areas of conflict among managers, employees, and departments.
- Provides guidance and counsel to management concerning corrective actions, performance reviews, and terminations, to ensure compliance with governmental laws and regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM / VP HR.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in human resources management or related field from four year college or university; seven years of progressive human resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of three years of human resources management experience.
- PHR or SPHR professional certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Three (3) years progressively more challenging experience in a human resources or operations role is required; including, hiring, managing and separating employees.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of competence in the areas of leadership, collaborative and service orientation, organizational insight, strategic perspective, change management, diagnostic insight, broad HR knowledge, coaching and counseling collaboration, and influence.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- Obtain and maintain a Class O license from the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission.
- Must successfully meet Motor Vehicle Requirements.
- Must successfully complete and maintain TIPS, RU21, Title 31 training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud. Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer