Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of daily revenue journal entries, assisting in the preparation of the company financial statements and related financial reports, as well as the supervision of the Revenue Audit and Inventory Control.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management in the department.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Adhere to, interpret, support, and explain established company policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, federal and other regulatory procedures.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and propriatary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casinos
- Address Team Member questions and concerns; conduct internal investigations as needed.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor an effective team member relations program through effective communication.
- Fosters and maintains positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interfaces with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Hires, trains, coaches, assesses and reviews the job performance of subordinates including both non-exempt and exempt team members.
- Continue professional development of self and subordinates as well as assist all team members with career planning and counseling as needed.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of self and subordinates.
- Conduct and attends all regular departmental meetings as well as other related meetings.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community affairs involvement.
- Completes necessary reports in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- All other duties as assigned by Finance leader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree preferable with emphasis in management, business, finance OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years' experience as a Lead Staff Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, or above, preferable as a manager or supervisor.
- Excellent skills in both written and oral communication.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) and have knowledge of Slot operating systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Responsible for the revenue audit team and the inventory control team.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations and a Class C gaming license with the IRGC.
Must successfully complete TIPS training.
Must successfully pass background check
Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening
Must be eighteen (18) years of age
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit with some standing, walking, reaching overhead. The individual frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Individual could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs