Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the Count Room team. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Create effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving deadlines.
- Fosters and maintains positive team relations in a supportive environment and work closely with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Hires, trains, coaches, assesses and reviews the job performance of team.
- Continue professional development of self and team as well as assist all team members with career planning as needed.
- Responsible for monthly financial review of the Count Room departmental financials.
- Responsible for the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to VP of Finance.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Maintains daily drop schedule and responsible for the approval process of the drop schedule.
- Ensure soft currency is accounted for and recorded in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manually count large amounts of currency.
- Review and compile reports generated by Soft Count.
- Ensure company assets are properly accounted for and secured.
- Account for all table games documentation.
- Oversee the maintenance of machinery used in count room operations.
- Ability to function with secured access for ingress/egress to count room.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory requirements within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or Bachelors degree (B.A.).
- Two years minimum experience in count operations or similar functions.
- Two (2) to three (3) years' experience in leadership capacity.
- Ability to communicate with internal and/or external guests.
- Ability to read and comprehend company policy and procedures manuals, as well as departmental correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guest and Cast Members.
- Ability to write correspondence such as memorandums, procedures and departmental incident reports.
- Ability to read, to write, to comprehend and speak English.
- Ability to understand and perform duties in accordance with:
- Departmental, property and company policies and standards
- State Gaming Board requirements
- Internal Controls
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
The Team Member supervises all Count Room team members.
- Responsible for team development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees regarding performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for Team Member performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Individual must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations including obtaining and maintaining Class C license from the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission.
Must successfully meet MVR requirements.
Must successfully complete background check and drug test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Individual could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs