Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Adheres to all departmental and company policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Assists sick or injured patrons and team members; performs CPR as necessary.
- Provides continuous patrol by foot and vehicle of the casino, hotel, and surrounding areas owned by the company as needed to address any suspicious activity or other concerns.
- Escorts and transports funds for table fills, slots, and/or banks; provides security for kiosk add fills and money drops to include tables and slots; provides escorts in sensitive areas for all non-gaming team members (e.g., maintenance, repair companies, and/or cleaning personnel).
- Responds to all disturbances and alarms to ensure a safe, secure, and comfortable environment for guests and team members.
- Operates Security Dispatch as needed, including but not limited to dispatching officers, maintaining key control, and maintaining all logs required in the Dispatch Center.
- Provides a superior guest experience through consistent, positive interactions; has the resiliency to deal with the difficult customer.
- Assists leadership and prepares detailed reports on Security-related incidents that occur on company property.
- Attends all departmental, company, and safety/first aid training classes as scheduled.
- Performs all functions of Fire Safety Officer, including monitoring of surveillance equipment, alarms, video multiplexers, and intercom system according to established procedure.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum one (1) year of Casino Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience required; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid EMT Certification, Paramedic Certification, or Firefighter One Certification required.
- CPR Certificate and Bloodborne Pathogen training required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Driver's License and operate company vehicles as needed.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong computer skills and be fully competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
- Must have the ability to run on level surfaces as well as up and down stairs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in emergency or stressful situations.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer