Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising the Food & Beverage Outlet designated to this role and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives, and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and providing recommendations; ensures compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Maintains knowledge and ensures enforcement of all gaming laws and regulations which apply to the functions and duties of the Food & Beverage department for which this position is responsible.
- Assists in the maintenance and development of procedures for food service and inspects menu items for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Assists Food & Beverage Outlet Manager to ensure efficient, sanitary, and pleasant service for all guests.
- Assists in maintaining cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory.
- Assists Food & Beverage Manager with administrative duties, as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Associate degree (A.A) in related field; two (2) years of Food & Beverage experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer