Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Provides friendly and efficient service to guests during check in/check out procedures.
- Makes and confirms reservations and assists guests with problems or questions.
- Obtains information necessary to guarantee rooms (e.g. identification, credit card verification, etc.).
- Performs Front Desk, Call Center, and other hotel-related duties when necessary.
- Keeps Hotel Services Supervisor informed of any problems.
- If assigned to grave shift, performs Night Audit duties and completes Flash Report in a correct and timely manner.
- Answers all reservation inquiries according to established guidelines, including assisting guests warranting complimentary accommodations.
- Maximizes resort revenues by selling reservations based on predetermined rate strategies.
- Accurately enters all reservations into the computer system according to department policy and procedure.
- Provides information to guests regarding local services and events.
- Assists the Player Development team with all reservations and requests.
- Performs group block management, including the entering of room lists, inventory control, coordination of casino reservations, checking resort room arrivals, and maintaining a professional relationship with all departments associated with the resort.
- Verifies duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness, and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Remains current on all casino activities and assists guests with all inquiries.
- Answers phone and assists with clerical tasks.
- Ensures that rooms are clean prior to issuing keys.
- Receives cash, checks, credit cards and comps in payment, obtaining proper approval and authorization.
- Maintains an operating bank, renders bills, and issues change.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all messages, mail and packages left for guests and departments within the Hotel/Casino.
- Responsible for the control of safe deposit transactions.
- Works closely with the Executive Hosts to ensure that all complimentary and high-end amenity offerings are provided consistent with the agreed-upon arrangements.
- Empowered to ensure guests' problems/concerns are resolved in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior hospitality or Front Desk experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must have basic math and money handling skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must have ability to work efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating days off.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs