Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Adhere to established departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and timeliness standards established by the property/department.
- Assist in the training of department personnel.
- Responsible for meeting guest's needs or getting them in contact with the appropriate personnel for beverage service, snacks, request for comps, or capping machines.
- Adhere to slot department policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the proper taxation on slot jackpots and collecting proper forms of identification from the guests.
- Safeguard company assets.
- Adhere to, interpret, support, and explain established company policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, federal and other regulatory procedures.
- This is a uniformed position, which requires the team member be in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and propriatary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casinos.
- Foster and maintain positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interfaces with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of self and subordinates.
- Attend all regular departmental meetings as well as other related meetings.
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance.
- Assure the proper functioning of slot machines.
- May sell or make change for guests.
- Be familiar with the safe handling of cleaning products, equipment, and supplies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong problem solving skills and guest service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Team and guest service oriented.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with team member relations issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organizations.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships including during high-tension situations.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively to manage priorities.
- Deals with simple and complex concepts effectively.
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Ability to share or divide attention among several ongoing activities, assignments, and guests.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience in the slot department or casino industry.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs