Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Adhere to established departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and timeliness standards established by the property/department.
- Assist in the training of department personnel.
- Adhere to, interpret, support, and explain established company policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, federal and other regulatory procedures.
- This is a uniformed position, which requires the team member be in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and propriatary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casinos
- Foster and maintain positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interact with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of self and subordinates.
- Attend all required departmental meetings as well as other related meetings.
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance.
- Provide patrol services to the casino area, parking lot, and any auxiliary areas as deemed necessary looking for suspicious or undesirable patrons, minors, and/or safety hazards
- Prepare appropriate detailed reports on security related incidents occurring on company property.
- Transport, provide escort service and verify funds for the transfer of money, chips, or tokens when necessary
- Respond to disturbances and alarms and provide or dispatch appropriate medical services or other services as needed for gaming patrons or team members
- Be alert for any criminal activity such as schemes by patrons or team members stealing from or cheating the casino
- Promote a positive relationship with outside agencies in such a manner that builds trust and rapport.
- Be responsible for the operation at all appropriate alarm panels
- Be familiar with the safe handling of cleaning product, equipment, and supplies
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours for business demands. Must be able to respond to duty in lieu of property crisis and/or disasters.
- May operate Security Dispatch and its responsibilities, including the dispatching of officers, maintaining the key control system, and maintaining radio dispatch logs
- May provide specialized security for celebrities and other VIPs.
- May operate the landside surveillance center. This responsibility requires that officers observe record and report any anomalies, violated procedures, and criminal activity to the appropriate channels.
- Assist in executing the WPS crisis situation action plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous security preferred, but not required
- Previous guest service related position preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills and guest service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and non verbal communications skills.
- Excellent written documentation skills to properly capture an event or situation.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Team and guest service oriented.
- Understanding and willingness to perpetuate the security department philosophy
- Driver's license recommended, but not required. Driving record must meet driver eligibility requirements of Ameristar's insurance policy upon hiring
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to remain calm and demonstrate leadership in a crisis or disaster situation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with human relations issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organizations.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships including during high-tension volatile situations.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Ability to observe and understand their surroundings and how it applies to relevant situation.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively to manage priorities.
- Deals with simple and complex concepts effectively.
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Ability to share or divide attention among several ongoing activities, assignments, and guests in a manner that demonstrates confidence.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Must successfully complete TIPS training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second-hand tobacco smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs