Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness and quality, ensuring property standards are met or exceeded.
- Reports rooms ready for occupancy.
- Ensures guest rooms, linens, service landings, guest landings, vending area, stairwells, elevator, maid carts, distribution carts, and equipment are set up in a standardized manner as required by current SOP's.
- Conducts daily shift pre-shifts, uniform inspection, and directs actions of all floor personnel.
- Reports room or hall deficiencies, problems related to structure, equipment, and plumbing to Engineering; prepares maintenance and work orders; follows up on completion with Engineering.
- Ensures training for safe and proper usage of cleaning solutions and equipment.
- Updates and maintains correct hotel room status in computer system and on boards.
- Prints and maintains permanent records of the following: room occupancy, status and statistics phone logs, maintenance logs, attendance logs, lost and found logs, item request logs, GRA assignments, RQ assignments, house-person assignments, Corporate/VIP guests, group arrivals, and work orders.
- Communicates with other departments as needed in order to accomplish tasks.
- Verifies inventory and purchase order arrivals and proper floor inventory deliveries.
- Assists management with action plans, coaching sessions, or additional training as needed.
- Assists with cleaning rooms, delivering room calls, and dispatch when needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college or combination of college and industry experience preferred.
- One to two years of hotel housekeeping or related experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Housekeeping/Laundry/Hotel department policies and procedures.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to learn detailed inspection routines.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work load.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs