Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Oversee the Player Services and drop/count functions, verifying the service levels are within the high standards set by the company. Ensure the upmost integrity is maintained in the balancing and oversight of the casino funds. Monitor representatives for quality and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Adhere to guest service requirement listed above.
- Adhere to, interpret, support, and explain established company policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, federal and other regulatory procedures.
- This is a non-uniformed position, which requires the team member be in compliance with non-uniformed appearance standards while on duty
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and propriatary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar.
- Address Team Member questions and concerns; conduct internal investigations as needed.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor an effective team member relations program through effective communication.
- Fosters and maintains positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interfaces with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Hires, trains, coaches, assesses and reviews the job performance of subordinates including both non-exempt and exempt team members.
- Continue professional development of self and subordinates as well as assist all team members with career planning and counseling as needed.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of self and subordinates.
- Conduct and attends all regular departmental meetings as well as other related meetings.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community affairs involvement.
- Completes necessary reports in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reconciliation of all company funds and patron accounts
- Oversee count and drop responsibilities
- Scheduling and training of Player Services and Count Room Team Members
- Act as Banker, Count Room Specialist or Player Services Representative on an as needed basis
- Maintain current knowledge of property events, and provide daily information to guests and Player Services Representatives.
- Provide guests with new accounts, or maintenance on existing accounts as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Player Services Manager and the Director of Finance.
- Bachelor's degree preferable with emphasis in management, business, finance OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity preferred.
- Possession of, and ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers and gaming license within assigned state of employment
- Strong problem solving, mediation, coaching, and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Fully Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with team member relations issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organizations.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships including during high-tension situations.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively to manage priorities.
- Deals with simple and complex concepts effectively.
- Shares or divides attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments.
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies.
- Ability to adjust or balance the size of staff on a daily basis in order to maximize productivity or control labor costs without sacrificing customer service.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Must successfully pass background check
- Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs