Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Cleans slot machines, in between machines, ash trays, slot bases, trash cans, restrooms, offices, public areas, windows and ledges, restaurants, lighting, walls, counter tops, furniture, and any other decorative objects in the casino or common areas.
- Vacuums carpet, sweeps and mops tile floors, and cleans any spills that occur.
- Cleans up any biohazardous materials according to established guidelines.
- Removes trash from trash containers and places into the dumpsters.
- Familiar with the proper use of cleaning solutions and equipment.
- Replaces toilet tissue and refills paper towel dispensers.
- Cleans and polishes all furniture, marble, brass fixtures, brass floor plates, entrance door brass, and kick door brass plates.
- Cleans all escalators and elevators.
- Knows where all facilities in the casino are located.
- Straightens chairs as needed.
- Removes glasses, cups, paper, and debris from all assigned areas, per procedure.
- Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and company policies and procedures.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Previous housekeeping or janitorial experience preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to learn and follow direction.
- Must be able to operate equipment, including vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, mop, and broom.
- Must perform duties with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs