Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Partners with HR Business Partners to meet the needs of departments within the business unit.
- Supports the internal and external recruitment efforts for the property by coordinating all efforts with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in cases of grievances, harassment employee concerns or EEOC issues.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to property leadership (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, terminations and performance reviews).
- Works closely with property management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts exit interview, record feedback/dialog, and report patterns to management.
- Assists in the handling of unemployment compensation claims.
- Facilitates identified training programs for the property; including but not limited to, New Hire Orientation, Customer Service, Responsible Gaming/Alcohol Awareness and supervisory/management development training.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation consistent with Core and Local policies, State and Federal statutes and collective bargaining agreements, where applicable.
- Attends training and meetings, as required.
- Collects, analyzes and looks for trends in human resources data to make suggestions relating to HR strategy- turnover, engagement, and leadership opportunities.
- Assists with design and execution of engagement, wellness and retention events.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR or other relevant degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years HR or supervisory experience preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Previous experience working with a labor environment with union contracts preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); iCIMS and Ultipro experience a plus
- Ability to work with various levels of the organization to develop and influence the culture.
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, presentation skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional customer service focus including attention to producing quality results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state, local and federal labor laws and regulations related to HR.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate
- Ability to read and interpret documents In English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, possess ability to operate an adding machine and have basic computer skills.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud
- Employee will be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs