Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Write, verify, and make payments on tickets for sports wagers in accordance with department policy and procedures and ensures compliance to applicable jurisdictional gaming statues and regulations.
- Maintain a cash bank for his/her shift, responsible for accepting payment and making correct change when necessary.
- Stock Sports book Writer/Cashiers stations with adequate supplies; keeps all stations neat and clean.
- Write Sports tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make payments on winning tickets in an accurate and timely manner; verify tickets and payoffs.
- Maintain and reconcile bank for assigned shift, following established cash-handling policies and procedures
- Explain wagering rules, including betting lines and odds, and procedures to guests
- Ensure compliance with currency transaction requirements, Title 31, and money laundering and Suspicious Activity Reporting for Casinos (SAR) requirements
- Provide information and assistance to customers in a friendly, courteous manner to ensure the delivery of guest service. Offer information on activities, etc., and direct guests for further information as necessary.
- Create and enter player tracking cards
- Notify management of escalated or prevalent guest issues/concerns and any apparent suspicious activity
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Minimum six (6) months of cash-handling experience
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Effectively communicate in English, both oral and written forms
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a high-stress and high-volume environment
- Ability to work in and adapt to a dynamic and frequently changing environment
- Ability to adhere to and execute established department policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of sports
- Proficient cash-handling skills
- Ability to work under pressure while being able to pay attention to details
- Basic math skills to calculate winnings based on odds
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance, adhering to department and company standards
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written forms
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
- Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- Must successfully complete TIPS, RU21 and Title 31 training.
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Class C gaming license from the IA Racing and Gaming Commission.
- Exposure to casino related environmental factors including but not limited to second hand smoke, excessive noise, lights, and stress related to servicing customers in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Moderate to high noise levels
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift and be able to move throughout the property
- Varied shifts, including weekends, holidays, and during peak sporting events.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs