Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Greets and welcomes each guest seated in assigned station.
- Takes food and beverage orders, delivers prepared food promptly, and checks with table periodically to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients, and plate presentation).
- Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preferences.
- Up-sells appetizers, beverages, and desserts in accordance with restaurant service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Resolves service issues according to established guidelines.
- Itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Assists bus persons, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning, and setting tables.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks, and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines, etc.) as scheduled, or required; operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of food server experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have knowledge of table service procedures and table etiquette.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Available to work required schedule, which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs