Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- This is a uniformed position, which requires the team member be in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casino
- Enter membership information into computer
- Perform data entry for current events into event codes
- Issue replacements cards for guests
- Assist in Marketing promotions and player events involving the promotions department and Star Awards Club area
- Assist members with point redemption for cash back and if available, various merchandise
- Support back office, Casino Services Manager, Casino Services Lead Hosts, Executive Hosts and Marketing Department
- Resolve any guest problem or perceived inconvenience both positive and negative in nature
- Assist in meeting arriving bus groups
- Act as Sales Representative and central information center for the property, usually being the first contact by guests
- Paging in both Pavilion and Casino when requested
- Provide complimentaries when play warrants
- Redeem coins, tickets, chips and cash guest checks
- Maintain and assure the proper handling and routing of all paperwork.
- Be familiar with the safe handling of cleaning product, equipment, and supplies
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Cash handling background helpful but not required
- Experience dealing with the public
- Cooperative and able to take direction to follow through on assignments and work with the team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & guest service skills
- Knowledge of entry-level computer skills
- Creative and innovative in guest satisfaction skills
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and self-image and Interface with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship
- Foster and maintain positive employee relations in a supportive environment
- Must be able to maintain confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent business communication skills and strong time management skills
- Ability to share or divide attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments
- Ability to interpret and explain company policies and procedures to others
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays
- Minimum of one (1) year of guest service experience is strongly encouraged
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs