Ability to organize, prioritize and supervise engineers while performing the daily maintenance to the facilities. Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written directions and instructions from fellow supervisors, managers and director. Must be able to write daily reports and team member evaluations. Possess the skills in an accepted trade and the mechanical dexterity to perform normal maintenance or construction duties as a working shift supervisor. Follow established procedures and in a safe manner that would not disrupt our guest(s) within the casino or hotel environme
Delivers superior internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way by ensuring every interaction includes our Service Standards and work harmoniously with fellow team members.
- Adhere to established department and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, supporting the policies Ameristar Casino
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information disclosed by any Pinnacle entity.
- This is a uniformed position, which requires that team members are in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty
- Supervise, prioritize and coordinate engineers engaged in maintenance during assigned shift in their daily duties of repairing the buildings, grounds, mechanical equipment and systems
- Supervise the completion of assigned work orders in a timely manner
- Perform coaching and council as needed for engineering staff
- The ability to write evaluations and assist in development plans for engineers
- Prioritize and complete work orders, daily shift reports and requisitions for purchase in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Perform daily, routine and preventative maintenance on all building and ground areas that are assigned to that individual
- Knowledge of work and safety procedures in the use of manual tools, power tools and other equipment
- Possess necessary knowledge and expertise in completing assigned duties and use of accepted procedures and safety practices
- Perform duties in a safe manner and insure that all work meets city, state and federal codes Notify the facilities management when fellow employees and/or contractors fail to meet these standards
- Ability to learn, read, and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Perform any other assigned work related tasks as requested by supervisors or managers
- Assist fellow facilities engineers when requested
- Answer calls of help from all other departments if assistance is needed moving heavy items, respond to emergencies, and fill in where shortage of personnel may exist and any other help that is requested
- Positive interaction with the lead engineer and managers in preparing and/or planning projects involving their specialist skills
- Must be complete a minimum of three quality coaching forms every quarter on each team member.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Critical Systems Manager and the Director of Security and Facilities.
Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, which includes the largest riverboat in Iowa, was modeled after the historic riverboats that plied the waters of the Missouri River in the 1800s. Located in the greater Omaha metropolitan area, this property has received the prestigious Four Diamond designation from the American Automobile Association and, in 2004, was named "Property of the Year" by the Iowa Lodging Association. The property also features a 38,500 square-foot casino, five dining options, three bars, an entertainment venue and 8,000 square-feet of meeting and event space.
Ameristar Council Bluffs
2200 River Road
Council Bluffs, IA 51501