Be The Best You
Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK) is a dynamic and growing casino entertainment company with more than 15,000 team members working at 16 casinos and racetracks located in Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Ohio - and PNK has a management contract for Retama Park Racetrack outside of San Antonio, Texas.
At PNK, we are guided by our team member promise - Be the Best You. Through this promise we strive to support our team members in living their best lives by offering them challenging and rewarding work, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to build lasting relationships.Responsibilities
(These function are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
Delivers superior internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way by ensuring every interaction includes our PEAK Service Standards and work harmoniously with fellow team members.
- Adhere to, interpret, support and explain established company policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, federal and other regulatory procedures.
- This is a non-uniformed position, which requires the team member be in compliance with non-uniformed appearance standards while on duty
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and propriatary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casinos
- Address Team Member questions and concerns; conduct internal investigations as needed.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor an effective team member relations program through effective communication.
- Oversee assigned shift operation including scheduling of observers to meet business needs
- Fosters and maintains positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interfaces with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Hire, train, coach, assess and review the job performance of subordinates.
- Day to day supervision of the surveillance personnel.
- Implement and adhere to all policies set forth by the IRGC and the department director.
- Observe, record, and report any irregular activities as required.
- Oversee surveillance investigations
- Recommend policy changes to the director.
- Perform the duties of a surveillance observer when necessary, always presenting oneself as a credit to Ameristar and encouraging others to do the same.
- Maintain familiarity with the safe handling of cleaning supplies, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain and order miscellaneous supplies. Order equipment when assigned.
- Continue professional development of self and subordinates as well as assist all team members with career planning and counseling as needed.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of self and subordinates.
- Conduct and attend all regular shift meetings as well as other related property meetings.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community affairs involvement.
- Completes necessary reports in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Accountable in accordance with responsibilities set forth in 661 Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 141.
- Continuously remain alert for any for any criminal activity such as theft or cheating.
- Maintain a strong rapport with the DCI and IRGC.
- Strive to achieve a 4.25 or higher in the Team Member Satisfaction Survey.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Director of Surveillance and VP & General Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two (2) to three (3) years experience in casino surveillance, preferable as a supervisor or dual rate.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
Possession of, and ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers and gaming license within assigned state of employment
- Strong problem solving, mediation, coaching, and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Fully Competent in Microsoft Office
- A broad knowledge of casino rules, procedures and administration
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations affecting the casino industry/familiar with camera equipment and those methods of operation and recording as required
- Must know methods of cheating games, and other related activities and possess the ability to identify those cheating methods and other irregular activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to maintain confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent business communication skills and strong time management skills
- Ability to interpret and explain company policies and procedures to others
- Must be able to do the work of those supervised
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Excellent visual acuity which is either 20/20 or correctable to 20/20 and the ability to discern subtle color difference.
- The ability to maintain visual focus on various monitors for extended periods.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with team member relations issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organizations.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships including during high-tension situations.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively to manage priorities.
- Deals with simple and complex concepts effectively.
- Shares or divides attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments.
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies.
- Ability to adjust or balance the size of staff on a daily basis in order to maximize productivity or control labor costs without sacrificing customer service.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Must successfully pass background checkMust be eighteen (18) years of age
- Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening