The specimen processor data entry operator is responsible for entering laboratory orders and patient information for laboratory blood and body fluid specimens. This person will also learn processing of laboratory blood and body fluid specimens.
- Use computer system to enter laboratory test orders and patient demographics.
- Enter data from incoming requisitions to computer accurately.
- Transcribe requests for specific tests from requisitions to computer for generation of worksheets.
- Transcribe patient demography data from requisitions to computer for aid in analysis of data and follow-up billing.
- Change orders due to additions or deletions as directed by clients or other laboratory personnel in order to maintain accurate updated worksheets and current list of outstanding test results.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area according to safety standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory and HIPPA policy.
- Punctual and regular attendance at the assigned work location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail is a high priority.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment in handling blood and body fluids.
- Compliance with OSHA and laboratory safety procedures.
Salary is $10.95/hour with a 15% shift differential for hours worked in the evening.
Benefits eligible position.
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer - qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.
For consideration, please click on the apply for button and submit your information.