Now offering a $1,000 Hiring Bonus!
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Effectively perform Engineering Department duties as they relate to the Structural Steel detailing process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review contract drawings and specifications for general requirements, special requirements, and potential problems that may arise on a project.
- Review DWS estimate and scope and compare it with the contract drawings specifications and addendums.
- Produce anchor bolt plans, erection drawings, assembly drawings and shop drawings required to complete fabrication and erection of a project.
- Resolve discrepancies in design drawings and specifications. When a nonconformance arises in fabrication, has the authority to solve nonconformance issue. If uncomfortable with authority, can consult the Engineering Manager for solution.
- Document and maintain required project files.
- Learn the basic functions of the detailing department and how detailing personnel work with others in the estimating, project management, purchasing and shop fabrication functions.
- Perform other misc. Engineering Department duties as required.
Experience and Education Required:
- SDS/2 or Tekla structural steel detailing experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of steel detailing experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent.