Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Purpose: To provide leadership for the overall management of the Accounting and Payroll Department in order to fulfill DRM’s goals, purpose, and mission statements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the work of a number of all accounting associates and/or specialists in all aspects of payroll and accounting.
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting department to ensure accuracy (coding, processing and all invoice tracking related to DRM and CDJ).
- Oversee verification and reconciling differences in deposits reported by stores in comparison with what banks report.
- Oversee bank reconciliations and inputs/verifies data relating to paid outs and transfers completed by the restaurants.
- Oversee and assist with month end financial review and analysis.
- Formulate and administer policies and procedures for the business/finance operations of DRM, including accounting, accounts payable, payroll, cash management, and audit procedures.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer and Business Analyst in creating financial analysis tools to improve profitability of the company.
- Directs and coordinates the preparation of all financial reports and ensures their accuracy and timeliness.
- Directs and coordinates the proper preparation of W-2s, and various tax returns, including payroll, sales and use tax.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing the importance of keeping DRM’s accounting information confidential.
- Communicate with all company personnel to solve problems, address risk issues and financial aspects of projects with operations personnel.
- Hire, develop, and lead a high performance payroll and accounting team.
- Work closely with the Human Resource Department with benefit coordination and 401k processing.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to be innovative, thorough and objective, but also able to take risks, be assertive/take initiative, and make decisions. He/she will be an excellent listener, motivator/coach, and team builder. Verbal communication and formal presentation skills are critical.
- Leadership skills – Ability to lead and gain alignment thru creating a vision and relationships versus positional authority. Leader in thought as well as in follow-through – creative and strategic, but also able to influence others inside and outside the organization and focus on results. Sets an example of performance and integrity and rallies the organization into a closely aligned team.
- Results-orientation – Strong and decisive; able to make communicate and take accountability for timely decisions related to business direction issues.
- DRM Software – Familiar with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Payroll processing software (Paylocity), Accounting software (Netsuite), reporting tools (Mirus) and back office system (RTI).
- Travel = 5% - 10%
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business related area, and
- Minimum 5 years experience in all aspects of accounting, and/or
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, used hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position is required to report to the corporate office for daily scheduled work and adhere to the company attendance policy.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations