Execute quality systems and programs to prevent or eliminate food safety risks and product quality defects in new and existing products. The Quality Technician maintains the authority to cease operations in the event that compliance to quality standards is not being met. Provide coverage during Quality Inspector absences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively monitor the production floor for compliance to quality systems and programs with an emphasis on identifying gaps between the production floor practices and the quality systems and programs.
- Control non-conforming product according to company policy.
- Review, enter, and file production/quality related documents utilizing Oxbow filing systems.
- Inspect equipment/perform equipment calibrations utilizing scales and other quality equipment.
- Coordinate collection and submission of product samples and swabs utilizing aseptic collection methods.
- Provide Food Safety and Quality support for Production and Maintenance.
- Provide backup coverage for Quality Inspectors.
- Liaison with service providers (Pest Control, Testing Lab, etc.) in absence of Quality Manager.
- Routinely perform in-process quality inspections (i.e. product sorting, packaging integrity, check weigh products, metal detection).
- Participate in Facility Food Safety Team Meetings.
- Assist with conducting internal audits.
- Assist in investigation activities for adverse events, Incident Investigation reports and customer complaints.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the Quality Manager, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to: Quality Manager
Requirements:High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a detail-oriented, quality-focused position in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Accuracy Focused and Detail Oriented
- Good time management skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Focus on Quality
Oxbow Animal Health