Intern - Java Developer
Northern Natural Gas Omaha, NE
Java Developer Internship
Purpose of Position
Development of college students who are pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology or computer science. Intern will be exposed to a variety of projects and activities that will provide an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in college and demonstrate abilities in the workplace. The position is temporary, nonexempt, part-time/hourly.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Under the direction of an application team member, perform simple to moderately complex user requests for new or modified functionality to existing systems. Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain these application changes.
- Under the direction of an application team member, provide technical support enabling internal Northern Natural Gas business users to conduct day-to-day business. The support includes, but is not limited to, answering customer questions, completing data requests, and performing other support functions.
- Under the direction of an application team member, collaborate with end users to analyze and develop business requirements for business application enhancements and problem resolutions.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- College student, junior or higher standing, currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or graduate program in information technology or computer science.
- One year or more of demonstrated training and/or experience in JAVA development.
- One year or more of demonstrated training and/or experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database.
- Software skills and programming skills needed to perform responsibilities identified.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a post offer drug screen and also a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
| Date Posted
January 14, 2020
| Date Closes
March 14, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $16.50 - $19.00
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| SOC Category
15-1021.00 Computer Programmers
This job requires the following skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Office Machine Operations
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Time Management
- Strong Work Ethic
- Word Processing
- Microsoft SQL Server
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position