Prepares the necessary monthly accounting entries to the general ledger for GAAP and statutory to ensure accuracy of income and balance sheet related to investments. Prepares and compiles quarterly and yearly statutory accounting schedules, exhibits and surveys for Investment Accounting. Coordinates activities with the Investments Division for resolving discrepancies or issues regarding trades and settlements and performs the necessary accounting for investment trade transactions on a daily basis.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Professional - Education & Experience
Qualification Level Education Degree Specification
Minimum Required Bachelors Degree accounting, finance or a related field
Qualification Level Experience
Minimum Required two years of corporate-level accounting experience Preferred Experience in statutory accounting, investment accounting, treasury accounting, or other comparable demonstrated ability and knowledge of investment activities Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
· Acting with Integrity - Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments
· Communicating Effectively - Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
· Pursuing Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
· Serving Customers - Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations
· Supporting Change - Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial · Supporting Organizational Goals - Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the companys goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
· Working with Diverse Populations - Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual or in-person)
Career Progression Acknowledgement
Career Progression Acknowledgement: Normal Career Progression - This is a normal career progression (NCP) position and incumbent may progress to the next level in the job family without further competition when there is an existing business need, qualifications identified in the job profile are met, advancement recommended by management, with human resources approval, and in accordance with company guidelines.