We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 200 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of Americas best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 18 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of Americas Most Admired Companies for 15 years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there's a home and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Aflac Asset Management, LLC.
New York, NY
Aflac Global Investments - Investments Technology
Summer Intern - Investments Technology
· The Analyst Summer Internship is an intensive 10-week program within the information technology department where the intern will learn about tools and technology used in investments that are used in a buy-side firm.
· The Intern will gain valuable experience in information technology, including exposure to industry, company, financial, and market analysis as generated by technology used by investment professionals.
· The Intern will benefit from exposure to projects from concept Ã Design Ã Test Ã Implementation; along with daily activities and its importance in achieving business objectives.
· The Intern will interact with Senior Management and will present their analytical project(s) to an audience of key stakeholders including Senior Management.
· Aflac Global Investments has over $100 billion of assets under management, including approximately $58 billion of credit investments.
· Aflac is a Fortune 100 company with a significant overseas operation and a corporate culture that recognizes and rewards excellence in all of its employees.
· Opportunity to gain deep industry knowledge of insurance investments through focused interaction with existing experienced professional staff to generate real-world work product.
· An open, collaborative work environment amongst other interns in different programs, as well as employees and senior management.
· Training sessions including Introduction to Fixed Income, Life Cycle of Trading, Understanding Investments Technology Platform, The Role of Compliance in an Insurance Investment Firm, Credit/Market Risk, Understanding the Buy-Side of Investments.
· Information sessions with senior management, networking with other interns placed throughout other areas of Aflac, and social activities.
Our summer interns participate in a series of activities that provide the opportunity to learn about all areas of the firm, as well as on-the job training in portfolio management and surveillance. The Intern will be assigned projects in support of current business needs including assigned research and analyst responsibilities within one or more sectors for the full 10 week period.
Job functional responsibilities include:
· Work closely with the development team members to understand all aspects of data capture for reporting and interfacing needs across different systems.
· Programming and development in Python and Java Script a requirement; VBA Excel and C++/C# a plus.
· Develop software in conjunction with other development team members
· Working knowledge of Asset Management Systems and information flow with system development
· System application will include web based and database
· Gain experience and insight into business process integration, infrastructure, applications technology, and project management.
· Research and identify automated solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of information technology group.
· Prepare oral and written analyses and concepts to Information Technology group
· Compile and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information in accordance with Aflac Global Investment policies.
· Written and verbal presentations to key stakeholders
The program offers various learning opportunities including presentations by senior management, business leaders, plus networking events with mentors, business sponsors, senior management and full time employees.
Please check out recent information about Aflac Global Investments:
|Date Posted||September 12, 2019|
|Date Closes||October 12, 2019|
|Located In||New york, NY|