We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 200 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of Americas best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 20 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of Americas Most Admired Companies for 20 years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there's a home and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Aflac Asset Management, LLC
New York, NY
Aflac Global Investments - Foreign Exchange/Derivatives Portfolio Management
Summer Intern - Foreign Exchange / Derivatives Portfolio Management
· The Summer Internship is an intensive 10-week program within the trading and portfolio management team where the intern will learn about the importance of macro investment strategy & portfolio management, trading, and synthesizing investment themes based data analysis within a large global insurance company.
· The Intern will gain valuable experience, including, but not limited to exposure to industry, company, financial, and market analysis as generated by both groups.
· The Intern will benefit from exposure to projects from Concept Ã Design Ã Test Ã Implementation; along with daily activities and its importance in achieving business objectives.
· The Intern will interact with Senior Management and will present their analytical project(s) to an audience of key stakeholders including Senior Management.
· Aflac Global Investments has over $100 billion of assets under management
· Aflac is a Fortune 100 company with a significant overseas operation and a corporate culture that recognizes and rewards excellence in all of its employees.
· Opportunity to gain deep industry knowledge of insurance investments through focused interaction with existing experienced professional staff to generate real-world work product.
· An open, collaborative work environment amongst other interns in different programs, as well as employees and senior management.
· Training sessions including Introduction to Fixed Income, Life Cycle of Trading, Understanding Investments Technology Platform, The Role of Compliance in an Insurance Investment Firm, Credit/Market Risk, Understanding the Buy-Side of Investments.
· Information sessions with senior management, networking with other interns placed throughout other areas of Aflac, and social activities.
Our summer interns participate in a series of activities that provide the opportunity to learn about all areas of the firm, as well as on-the job training in portfolio management and surveillance. The Intern will be assigned projects in support of current business needs including assigned research and analyst responsibilities within one or more sectors for the full 10 week period.
Job functional responsibilities include:
· Be a part of a growing team of macro investment strategy and portfolio management and trading professionals, with a focus on investment analytics and strategy as it relates to foreign exchange and derivatives, in a large global life insurance company.
· Participate in the design and implementation of investment analytics pertaining to the assessment and management of the company's investment strategies and risks, including but not limited to stochastic financial projections, understanding tail event stress testing, regulatory capital modeling, portfolio optimization, performance attribution, along with developing asset understanding in foreign exchange and derivatives.
· Provide quantitative support and business insight to senior management for different investment decisions, through analyses of financial impacts due to exposures to foreign exchange, accounting, tax, and financial markets.
· Develop execution skills of FX forwards and options; Interest rate swaps and swap options under supervision of senior traders
· Assist PM in developing, enhancing and automating GI platform analytical reporting toolkit
· Opportunity to significantly contribute to and influence the development of the company's next-generation investment platform.
· Interact collegially and professionally with other members of the trading and quantitative, strategy, and research groups as well as well as other departments such as Credit, Portfolio, External Management, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management, Accounting, Actuarial, Tax, IT, HR, etc.
· Prepare oral and written analyses and concepts to Investment Management group.
· Compile and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information in accordance with Aflac Global Investment policies.
· Written and verbal presentations to assorted stakeholders.
The program offers various learning opportunities including presentations by senior management, business leaders, plus networking events with mentors, business sponsors, senior management and full time employees.
Please check out recent information about Aflac Global Investments:
|Date Posted||July 12, 2019|
|Date Closes||August 11, 2019|
|Located In||New york, NY|