We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 200 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of Americas best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 18 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of Americas Most Admired Companies for 15 years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there's a home and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Aflac Asset Management, LLC.
New York, NY
Aflac Global Investments - Human Resources
Summer Internship - Human Resources
· The Analyst Summer Internship is an intensive 10-week program within the human resources department where the intern will learn about the strategic and qualitative importance of within a large global insurance company.
· The Intern will gain valuable experience in human resources, including exposure to industry, company, financial, and market analysis as generated by group and this information is translated to a corporate website.
· The Intern will benefit from exposure to projects from Concept Ã Design Ã Test Ã Implementation; along with daily activities and its importance in achieving business objectives.
· The Intern will interact with Senior Management and will present their analytical project(s) to an audience of key stakeholders including Senior Management.
· Offices in New York and Tokyo with employees in both locations
· Aflac Global Investments has over $100 billion of assets under management
· Aflac is a Fortune 100 company with a significant overseas operation and a corporate culture that recognizes and rewards excellence in all of its employees.
· Opportunity to gain deep industry knowledge of insurance investments through focused interaction with existing experienced professional staff to generate real-world work product.
· An open, collaborative work environment amongst other interns in different programs, as well as employees and senior management.
· In addition to Human Resources, interns will also learn about the business through training sessions including Introduction to Fixed Income, Life Cycle of Trading, Understanding Investments Technology Platform, The Role of Compliance in an Insurance Investment Firm, Credit/Market Risk, Understanding the Buy-Side of Investments.
· Information sessions with senior management, networking with other interns placed throughout other areas of Aflac, and social activities.
Our summer interns participate in a series of activities that provide the opportunity to learn about all areas of the firm, as well as on-the job training in portfolio management and surveillance. The Intern will be assigned projects in support of current business needs including assigned research and analyst responsibilities within one or more sectors for the full 10 week period.
Job functional responsibilities include:
· Provide customer service; screen and direct telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; respond to employment request.
· Provide support to the Human Resources Division; develop reports in power points, compose letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities (i.e. philanthropic); prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and activities.
· Research, compile and analyze data for special personnel projects and reports.
· Assist with Event Planning for summer activities.
· Assist with the summer internship program both as a participant but also as human resources professional.
· Read, understand, and review documents for accuracy and relevant information.
· Opportunity to significantly contribute to and influence the development of the company's next-generation human resources platform and enterprise-wide HR system.
· Interact collegially and professionally with other members of the human resources management team, as well as all other departments.
· Prepare oral and written analyses and concepts to Human Resources group.
· Compile and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information in accordance with Aflac Global Investment Human Resources policies.
· Written and verbal presentations to key stakeholders.
The program offers various learning opportunities including presentations by senior management, business leaders, plus networking events with mentors, business sponsors, senior management and full time employees.
Please check out recent information about Aflac Global Investments:
|Date Posted||July 12, 2019|
|Date Closes||August 11, 2019|
|Located In||New york, NY|