We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 200 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of Americas best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 18 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of Americas Most Admired Companies for 15 years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there's a home and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Aflac Asset Management, LLC
New York, NY
Aflac Global Investments - Investments Compliance
Summer Internship - Investments Compliance
· The Associate Summer Internship is an intensive 10-week program within Investment Compliance, a team responsible for administering the investment compliance program for Aflac Global Investments.
· The Intern will gain valuable experience in compliance, including exposure to industry, company, financial, compliance monitoring within an insurance company environment
· The Intern will benefit from exposure to fixed income portfolio management, investment risk management, trading, and operations for both our US and Japan
· The Intern will interact with Senior Management and will present their analytical project(s) to an audience of key stakeholders including other legal and compliance professionals, traders, portfolio managers, operations, and Senior Management.
· Aflac Global Investments has over $100 billion of assets under management, including approximately $58 billion of credit investments.
· Aflac is a Fortune 100 company with a significant overseas operation and a corporate culture that recognizes and rewards excellence in all of its employees.
· Opportunity to gain deep industry knowledge of insurance investments through focused interaction with existing experienced professional analyst staff to generate real-world work product.
· An open, collaborative work environment amongst other interns in different programs, as well as employees and senior management.
· Informal training sessions including Introduction to Fixed Income, Life Cycle of Trading, Understanding Investments Technology Platform, The Role of Compliance in an Insurance Investment Firm, Credit/Market Risk, Understanding the Buy-Side of Investments.
· Travel to Aflac Headquarters (Columbus, GA) for information sessions with senior management, networking with other interns placed throughout other areas of Aflac, and social activities.
Our summer interns participate in a series of activities that provide the opportunity to learn about all areas of the firm, as well as on-the job training in your designated area of credit research. The Intern will be assigned projects in support of current business needs including assigned research and analyst responsibilities within one or more sectors for the full 10 week period (i.e. telecom, banks, energy, etc.).
Job functional responsibilities include:
· Manage daily surveillance of trades on behalf of Aflac Global Investments while learning investment operational workflows.
· Learn how to coordinate the breach investigation process and management reporting.
· Assist with analysis of client Investment Management Agreements (IMAs) and seeking clarification of guidelines from the business when necessary.
· Contribute to the construction of procedures and controls in relation to trade guideline monitoring.
· Monitor developments with the NAIC, SEC, Japan FSA, State DOI's and CFTC as they relate to the Investment function. Will develop working knowledge of US and Japan Securities and Derivatives Regulations as they pertain to Insurance Industry Investment activity.
· Communicate regularly with Traders, Portfolio Management, Operations, and Risk, as well as other functional areas of the firm.
· Work to limit regulatory and reputation risk of Aflac and help to reinforce Aflac Global Investment's culture of compliance.
· Assist with transaction and forensic Compliance testing.
· Write industry reports as needed by compiling research on investment compliance and regulatory related issues within an Insurance company.
· Written and verbal presentations to assorted stakeholders.
· Assist in the due diligence review process for new and existing external investment managers.
The program offers additional various learning opportunities including presentations by senior management, business leaders, plus networking events with mentors, business sponsors, senior management and full time employees.
Please check out recent information about Aflac Global Investments:
|Date Posted||July 12, 2019|
|Date Closes||August 11, 2019|
|Located In||New york, NY|