The Group Leader provides direct care to children in Kindergarten to 6th grade, providing supervision supporting remote learning and agency curriculum and activities. The position is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for children in accordance with relevant licensing and Kid Can policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
Facilitates childcare and programming through direct care for children, including implementing activities, centers, and curriculum; ensures children are supervised at all times and provides positive discipline when required
Maintains program areas and supplies to ensure an appropriate, clean, and safe environment for children.
Performs related duties as assigned by the Site Director or as the situation dictates
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects while being adaptable in a constantly changing environment; utilize rational judgment in making important decisions.
- Ability to problem solve and quickly adapt when needed.
- Familiar with childcare policies, Kids Can policies and procedures, including transportation and emergency procedures.
- Work effectively as a team (communicate with others, resolve conflicts and offer solutions to problems).
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with participants of diverse backgrounds.
- Familiar with child development and youth programming activities.
- Ability to recognize signs of child neglect and/or abuse.
- Previous experience in similar programs and excellent communication skills are essential.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required. Hiring is contingent upon approval from the Nebraska Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect, Nebraska Adult Protective Services Registry, Kid Can’s vehicle insurance company and submission of a felony/misdemeanor statement.
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid as well as state licensed certification requirements and additional requirements as needed.
- Obtain a minimum of 12 clock hours of training annually (staff working 20 or less hours each week must obtain 6 clock hours of training annually). Training must include, but is not limited to: safe environments, healthy environments, learning environments, physical development, cognitive learning, communication, creative learning, self-esteem, social development, guidance, family relationships, program management, professionalism.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to walk the building (including staircases) and assist children in and out of vans.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Must be able to handle the physical and mental demands of caring for children.
- Must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
Normal working conditions; work primarily in office, program rooms, gymnasium, kitchen, playground area and field as well as off-site meetings.
Job Type: full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour