Overnight Family Support Worker
Available Shift: Sunday-Thursday 11:00PM-7:30AM.
Join the Open Door Mission's team of dedicated staff who are committed to full-time ministry and breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Provide direct guest services and supervision, including support of case managers and other staff. Accomplish and oversee Lydia House's (Women and Family Shelter) nightly routine.
- Manage crisis situations as they occur.
- Provide emergency crisis counseling, problem-solving, and de-escalation strategies to guests and staff.
- Carry and answer crisis line at all times, returning any messages immediately. Provide empathetic and compassionate assistance over the phone
- Provide medication access, control, and documentation.
- Monitor guests and the public areas within Lydia House.
- Document incidents using appropriate forms and emailing appropriate LH personnel
- Exemplify Jesus Christ daily, sharing the gospel or praying with others as opportunities arise.
- You have a visible relationship with Christ and regularly attend a Bible-believing church.
- High School Diploma (Associates degree or higher preferred)
- Experience in the human services field or a related area.
- You have the ability to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
- Ability to de-escalate and remain calm in a variety of situations.
- Ability to relate well with people in crisis, different nationalities, and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability and desire to pray with others on a regular basis.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 401(K) with matching
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- RightNow Media Membership
- Christ-centered staff culture
- On-campus cafeteria
- On-campus exercise room
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $13.00-$17.00 per hour
Pay Frequency: Bi-Weekly
ABOUT OPEN DOOR MISSION
Open Door Mission is a Gospel Rescue Mission, serving the Greater Omaha Area since 1954 by providing short-term and long-term shelter, life-changing programs addressing root causes of homelessness and poverty, and homeless prevention resources to those in need.
In 2019 Open Door Mission:
- Provided over 200,000 nights of safe shelter.
- Served over 1.74 million nutritious meals to feed the hungry.
- Empowered over 35,000 individuals to remain in their own homes and prevent homelessness.
- Celebrated 52 graduated from our life-changing programs.
- Diverted 602 patients experiencing homelessness from hospital emergency rooms.
- Changed countless lives with the help of over 15,000 volunteers who gave over 70,000 hours of their valuable time.