Resource Case Manager - Lydia House Women & Families
A Lydia House Case Manager is a mature person who is pursuing Jesus, giving of themselves sacrificially to others, and being spiritually fed outside of Open Door Mission. They are eager to learn about the needs of our guests and the resources to assist them. They are extremely flexible and able to work with the homeless and other staff members under a variety of stressful situations.
Open Door Mission is a gospel rescue mission, serving the Greater Omaha Area by providing short-term and long-term shelter, life-changing programs addressing root causes of homelessness and poverty, and homeless prevention resources to those in need.
YOU ARE A SOLID FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF:
- You have a visible relationship with Christ.
- You have the ability to share the gospel and make disciples.
- You are proficient with Google G -Suite and general computer operations.
- You have a Bachelors Degree in the human services field.
- You have at least two years of Case Management experience.
- You are a team player who can effectively and professionally communicate client needs.
- You have experience working with a varied population/caseload.
OUR IDEA OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO:
- Has demonstrated ability to work with people in crisis (eg. mentally ill, domestic violence victims, generational poverty, homelessness)
- Has knowledge of available resources in our community.
THIS ROLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Meet one-on-one with guests at the Lydia House.
- Perform intakes for new guests.
- Connect guests to applicable agencies and programs according to their specific circumstances and needs.
- Set goals with guests and hold them accountable to working toward them.
- Maintain excellent documentation regarding caseload.
- Provide emergency crisis counseling, problem solving, and de-escalation when necessary.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE ON THIS TEAM AT ODM:
- You would be a part of a team of Christ-centered people, who work together to serve our community and change lives.
- You would enjoy full-time benefits including health insurance, 401k with employer matching, unlimited access to our cafeteria, and more!
- You would be part of an organization that cares about you as a brother or sister in Christ.
- An open line of communication with your Supervisor.
- Company-owned and provided tools/equipment.
Standard Shift: Sunday - Thursday.
All applicants must be willing to abstain from nicotine and alcohol while in the employ of the Open Door Mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16- $22/hour, depending on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Pay Frequency: Bi-weekly