The Property Manager works under the supervision of the Regional Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of an individual storage facility while building an effective staff team that can meet and/or exceed ownership goals and objectives. The Property Manager shall have intimate knowledge of all Company policies and procedures and be responsible for implementing and monitoring same.
Job Duties & Responsibilities - General
- Assume full responsibility for achieving Owners’ goals within the parameters of the approved property budget.
- Assuming full responsibility for professional but friendly communications with tenants, with periodic follow up after move-in and prior to renewal to develop Tenant satisfaction and goodwill
- Keep the management office open during agreed upon times, responding to all emergency calls, regardless of hour.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of occupancy with 100% rented as the goal.
- Assume full responsibility for supervising site staff.
- Assume full responsibility for handling or supervising preparation of all new rental documents.
- Assume full responsibility for rental collection, bank deposits, petty cash fund, and credit cards
Job Duties & Responsibilities - Operations
- Developing schedules for maintenance, grounds and housekeeping work, and supervising such activity. This includes frequent inspection of grounds, trash receptacles, parking lots, vacant units and all common areas.
- Take requests for service or repairs, on forms provided
- Billing and collecting damage charges from tenants
- Assign work orders to Service personnel, and following up on these assignments
- Supervise all service contracts or arrangements with service companies and suppliers, and keep Regional Manager informed if there are changes needed
- Inspection of service contract work prior to payment
- Keep a maintenance file on all service and repair work done
- Supervise the purchasing of necessary materials and supplies
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and furniture including lawn service equipment, tools and office furniture
- Conduct an annual inspection of grounds, units, and maintenance buildings, for repairs, preventive maintenance, and housekeeping evaluation
- Scheduling and supervising all preventive maintenance work
Job Duties & Responsibilities – Administrative
- Training employees
- Motivating employees
- Upholding performance standards, as set forth in job descriptions
- Be able to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple commitments.
- Understand budget and fiscal responsibility based on specific community needs and available funds
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Be a forward planner who critically assesses self performance and accepts direction from superiors
- Must have a working knowledge of personnel, accounting, leasing, maintenance, and resident retention policies and programs
- Must represent the company in its relations with residents, employees, and local vendors and reflect the attitudes, policies and general personality of the company
- A Property Manager should have a high school diploma along with a minimum of 1 year proven management experience