The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of an individual apartment community while building an effective staff team with common goals and objectives. The Assistant Property Manager shall have intimate knowledge of all policies and procedures and be responsible for implementing and monitoring same.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep the management office open during agreed upon time, responding to all emergency calls, regardless of hour.
- Maintain a good level of occupancy with 100% rented as the goal.
- Assist in the responsibility for supervising office staff.
- Assist in the responsibility for handling or supervising the preparation of all new rental documents and lease renewal documents.
- Assist in the responsibility for rental collection, deposit in bank of money collected, and Petty Cash Fund.
- Assist in the responsibility for supervising all service, housekeeping and grounds work.
- Maintain professional but friendly communications with Residents, with periodic follow ups after move-in and prior to renewal to develop Resident satisfaction and goodwill.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college preferred, along with an ARM certification
- Be able to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple commitments simultaneously
- Understand budget and fiscal responsibility based on specific community needs and available capital
- Work effectively with all staff in order to meet community occupancy goals
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Be a forward planner who critically assesses self performance and accepts criticism from superiors
- Must have a working knowledge of personnel, accounting, leasing, maintenance, and resident retention policies and programs
- Must represent the company in its relations with residents, employees, and local vendors and reflect the attitudes, policies and general personality of the company
- Bilingual preferred
Criminal background check and drug screen is required.