This position is for an Associate Application Administrator and would be working for the North American Application Support team. This role will provide technical support for various corporate applications.
The primary focus of this role will be on ensuring the integrity and efficiency of these applications and ensuring the application’s ability to support end users.
- Provide primary production support for assigned applications. This includes identification, analysis and root cause resolution with various support and management teams. In addition, provide off hours support as needed.
- Administer all production migrations for application changes.
- Administer all system changes.
- Apply vendor patches, upgrades and tax updates.
- Maintain and administer Windows scripts related to system functions.
- Work with other application administrators and management to develop, test and implement hardware refreshes and disaster recovery solutions.
- Validate backup reports.
- Participate in technical unit, technical integration, technical regression, technical system and stress testing activities.
- Application monitoring.
- Ensure that best practices/SOX compliant procedures are utilized.
- Provide input to technical project planning.
- Track application performance metrics and report out to management.
- Maintain system services, including application servers and services, web servers and services, process scheduler servers and services, and file server and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with 3rd party applications preferred.
- Experience with Windows Scripting and FTP preferred.
- Experience with a production support environment as a system administrator, including exposure to server installation, configuration and troubleshooting applications in multi-tiered Linux/Unix based environment preferred.
- Working knowledge in troubleshooting technology issues a plus.
- Exposure to project management principles and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work with groups and departments to achieve necessary outcomes.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and prioritize appropriately.
- Good presentation and leadership skills.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Good skills in developing acceptable solutions to customer problems.
To Apply: Send your resume to Jessica Ray, HR Manager at Jessica.Ray@interpublic.com.
We, Interpublic Group (IPG), are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. lk
Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.