The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS) assists the Department Manager with key environmental health and safety programs to ensure and maintain a positive, safe, secure, healthy, and incident-free work environment.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs focusing on safety matters and policies related to environmental health and safety
- Conduct environment of care audits and site inspections
- Maintain safety related programs like loss prevention, fire protection, and active shooter, promoting safety awareness in the organization.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the health center
- Assist visitors and patients with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility
- Monitor and patrol health center areas on a consistent basis
- Greet and provide general information to visitors and patients
- Tour health center to check for unsafe conditions, security violations, fire hazards and mechanical problems
- Observe, report, and investigate any suspicious activity to appropriate authorities
- Report and document all incidents and complete daily security reports
- Identify and neutralize potential threats to CDHC personnel, patients and property
- Deal with all security related issues that may arise
- Facilitate and ensure safety of visitors and employees in the event of an emergency evacuation
- Exercise judgment and use discretion in dealing with emergency and security violations
- Assist with office moves as necessary
- Perform light janitorial and maintenance work such as mounting equipment on wall, repairing fixtures, mounting shelving and other maintenance jobs and some light janitorial duties
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Requirement: Must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service. Must be motivated and possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Individual should have strong organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and function as part of a team. Ability to stay focused when doing repetitive tasks.
- Education: Minimum High School education
- Experience: 1-2 years experience in a security, maintenance, or environmental services role
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week to include rotating Saturday shift.
- Travel: May be asked to rotate among our locations and cover where needed. Valid driver’s license required.
- Exposure: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee (Rarely) is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may (Rarely) be exposed to blood borne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment can (Rarely) be quite loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence.
- Physical: Must be able to read reports and use the computer. Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with patients, co-workers and public over the phone. Standing/Walking: for possible long periods of time. Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to type, write, and use phone, and use hand to handle and feel. Talking: speaking clearly to be understood. Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling and balance required. Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: minimum weight of 50 pounds. Reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.