Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Charles Drew Health Center Omaha, NE
Medical Receptionist is responsible for first contact with patients of Charles Drew Health Center Director of First Impression, both by telephone as well as in person. Main responsibility is to ensuring that excellent customer service is achieved on every occasion. Provide superior level reception services to the patients, and staff in a positive supportive manner. Duties include schedules medical appointments for patients using the clinic's practice management software NextGen, filing the documents, recording and distributing them efficiently and promptly, handling inquires efficiently. A highly motivated professional with superior customer service skills that works well and cooperatively with others to achieve productivity standards and exceptional customer service. Communicate effectively and thoughtfully to patients from diverse backgrounds. Understand and commit to quality healthcare and excellence in customer service including confidentiality; practice these values with internal and external customers. Medical Receptionist work under the direction of the Medical Receptionist Lead.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Great Customer Service skills
- Great communication skills as well as ability to work with others in close proximity
- Experience in working at a front desk.
- Able to make appointment schedules in NextGen
- Schedule appointments in accordance with health center standards and appointment guidelines.
- Provide convenient appointment times and locations and manage patient expectations by providing service and center-specific guidelines and instructions for health center visits.
- Maintain average scheduling time
- Log in and be ready to receive or make calls as directed by schedule.
- Maintain thorough understanding and knowledge of our healthcare services and programs in order to answer questions and direct calls appropriately.
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly performance goals in respect to creating appointments and rescheduling appointments
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sensitivity and a nonjudgmental manner in dealing with sexuality and sensitive client issues.
- Educate clients about services, and fees.
- Conduct accurate fee assessment to determine payor source and eligibility for private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, Every Woman Matter.
- Inform patients of financial responsibility, what to bring, and payment methods.
- Utilize and master a variety of information technology systems in support of all aspects of client appointment processing, including the practice management system, NextGen.
- Ensure clients are advised of follow up needs per alert notes in NextGen and EMR.
- Refer patients to other internal providers for services (Behavior Health, Nutrition).
- Maintain and adhere to all Joint Commission, OSHA, HIPAA and CDHC policies and guidelines.
- Attend and participate in routine health center meetings and in-service trainings.
- Education: High School Diploma required
- Licensure: None
- Experience: Call center experience in a primary health care setting, and a minimum of three (3) years of customer service training.
- Expertise: Experience in call center activities. Experience working in a call center. Strong communication skills; strong customer service skills strong organizational skills; knowledge in NextGen; ability to handle multiple work independently; knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Language: English
- Hours of Work: 40 hour work week, varies Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm; evenings and weekends, as required
- Travel: Local, intrastate, and interstate travel, as required
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. For example, while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may be occasionally exposed to blood borne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment can occasionally be quite loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence.
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.
| Date Posted
January 3, 2019
| Date Closes
February 2, 2019
2915 Grant St
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
43-4171.00 Receptionists and Information Clerks
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Doctor (On-site)
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories