Nurse Case Manager
Charles Drew Health Center Omaha, NE
The OHS Nurse Case Manager will be responsible for providing nurse case management services for pregnant women, postpartum women, infants and children to age two participating in the OHS HealthNET program or referred to OHS for case management services, and providing culturally sensitive, coordinated, participant assessment, referral, monitoring, facilitation, and follow-up on utilization of participant services by OHS case management participants.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide nurse case management services for OHS participants in variety of settings to include referrals for home visitation for high-risk participants;
- Work in partnership with the OHS social work case managers, outreach worker, and health education coordinator;
- Utilize existing health and social services organizations serving families in East/Northeast Omaha, for the purpose of initiating client referrals;
- Develop a plan of service with the participant, based on an initial assessment and mutually identified, immediate/short/long-term needs and goals for caseload of prenatal, postpartum, and pediatric participants;
- Provide ongoing assessment of needs and progress toward successful transition, through feedback from the participant, referral sources, and medical provider;
- Serve as liaison with medical provider on behalf of OHS and participant;
- Input data and documentation for case files into an administrative dataset, per OHS reporting guidelines and expectations;
- Provide assistance as needed in preparing monthly performance indicator reports for OHS; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Licensure: Registered Nurse
- Certification: HIV/AIDS Counselor and Tester Preferred; Adult and Infant CPR required;
- Experience:Two plus years clinical experience or public health nursing experience in working with and advocating for families residing in East/Northeast Omaha; experience in working with diverse ethnic and racial populations; and demonstrate effective customer service skills. Good oral, written and presentation skills, knowledge of available community-based medical, social services and behavioral health providers serving families in the OHS project area; well organized, multi-tasked and flexible.
- Language: English as a primary language,
- Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., some evenings and weekends
- Travel: Must be willing to travel in and out of state; must possess valid State of Nebraska driver’s license and own mode of transportation.
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. For example, while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may occasionally be exposed to blood borne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment can occasionally be quite loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence.
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.
| Date Posted
December 5, 2018
| Date Closes
January 4, 2019
2912 Manderson St
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
29-1141.00 Registered Nurses
Yes - 25
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Doctor (On-site)
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories