Family Practice Physician
Charles Drew Health Center Omaha, NE
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physician reports to the Chief Medical Officer and provides a wide range of medical services. The physician diagnoses and treats many common problems. The physician must educate the patient and the community about illness, family planning, health hazards, child care and other aspects of health care maintenance.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shares in the provision of patient care. The physician provides diagnostic and treatment services to clinic patients according to local, state and federal standards of care.
- Accurately chart and document patients visits using the Electronic Medical Records in a timely manner
- Participate in the quality improvement initiatives to improve clinical and operational processes
- Evaluates the patient’s total health needs, provides personal medical care within the sphere of his/her own competency, and refers patients when initiated, to appropriate sources of care while preserving the continuity of his care .
- Provide clinical services in areas of preventive medicine, episodic self-limiting diseases, acute serious diseases, chronic long-term disease, counseling, EKG services, physical treatment, accident treatment, medication and others.
- Counsels’ patients about health and illness, discussing preventative health measures. Make referrals to other health care providers as necessary.
- Night, evening, and weekend coverage must be shared under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Attend internal meetings as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduated from an approved and accredited medical school; Licensed as an MD in the State of Nebraska, and should be board certified as a Family Practitioner having completed appropriate internship and residency; CPR/ ACLS or BLS
- Experience: 5 years clinical and management experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient verbal, written and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of medical supplies, equipment and/ or services ordering and inventory control
- PC literate
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of people
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports, policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments
- Language: English fluency
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm, some Saturdays
- Travel: Community Meetings, Health Fairs, etc.
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. For example, while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee seldom is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may occasionally be exposed to blood borne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment can seldom be quite loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.
| Date Posted
October 31, 2018
| Date Closes
November 30, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
29-1062.00 Family and General Practitioners
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Doctor (On-site)
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories