Charles Drew Health Center Omaha, NE
Under the direct supervision of the School Health Services Operations Manager, the School Health Services Coordinator will be a foundational member of SHS team. The SHS Coordinator will provide access to evidence-based preventative, basic primary and behavioral health, urgent care and chronic disease management through effective and efficient interventions at all SHS sites. The SHS Coordinator drives sustainable health center operations and supports the mission of Charles Drew Health Center.
POSITION- SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an integrated member of the SHS team, including coordination with administrators, school faculty, athletic department, school nurses, school psychologists, social workers and therapists to drive utilization that supports student academic outcomes.
- Drives student and faculty utilization of CDHC services, manage communication, and coordinate project implementation to achieve consent, assessment and treatment goals.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders, parents and students to support successful health and academic outcomes, particularly in the areas of chronic disease management (e.g., asthma), medication compliance, and participation in behavioral health treatment.
- Pursue flexibility and customization, patient services and patient and parent satisfaction in meeting the needs of a burgeoning new SHS model and related innovations.
- Create, identify and implement business development outreach opportunities when appropriate to increase utilization.
- Have a proficient and knowledgeable understanding, and enforcement of, government regulations and compliance of health center operations. This should include joint commission, HRSA, Bureau of Primary Health Care, HIPAA, FERPA, 42 CFR Part 2, and all other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the integration of Practice Management and Electronic Health Records related to program design; ensure data integrity, confidentiality and population-specific information.
- Provide health outcome summaries, monthly and annual reports on utilization, student outcomes, and billing as well as ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinates staff meetings and focus groups for staff to help further business development efforts, industry knowledge, continuing education and project improvements.
- Participate in professional development activities, including keeping current with trends and best practices in SHS operations, and personal leadership and management development.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of work experience in health promotion, wellness or health care operations management.
- Experience: Health Promotion, Wellness, Public Health, or Health Care Operations Management. Experience working with under served and under-represented populations. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Language: English
- Hours of Work: 40+ hours per week, some weekends and nights required
- Travel: Local, intrastate, and interstate travel, as required
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. For example, while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Additionally, the employee may be occasionally exposed to blood borne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level in the work environment can occasionally be quite loud. In all cases personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee in combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous occurrence.
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with special challenges to perform these essential functions.
| Date Posted
July 10, 2018
| Date Closes
August 9, 2018
2915 Grant Street
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
21-1022.00 Medical and Public Health Social Workers
Yes - 25
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Doctor (On-site)
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories