Charles Drew Health Center Omaha, NE
POSITION SUMMARY: The Dentist will provide quality dental care by diagnosing, treating, preventing, and educating the patient on oral hygiene. Perform full scope of comprehensive general dentistry for patient of all ages but primarily pediatrics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive dental care and patient education
- Establishes departmental policies and procedure
- Candidate should be flexible and willing to work at other locations as scheduled
- Candidate should be available to work some evenings and weekends as scheduled
- Help implement QA/QI program for dental clinic as required by state, federal government and local entities.
- Actively participate in peer review process
- Work in conjunction with Dental Hygienist in community engagement, outreach and education program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current unrestricted Nebraska dental license, Dental Surgery (DDS) degree and Federal DEA Certificate
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in a leadership position
- Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a complex healthcare delivery system.
- Familiar with PCMH model of care
- Knowledge and/or understand for FQHC healthcare delivery model
- Demonstrated mastery of critical thinking, analytics, and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at various levels both inside and outside of the organization, often in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and risk management standards and processes.
- Familiarity and experience with standards and processes established by Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, CDC, ADA and regulatory entities.
- Knowledge of federal regulations governing dental care clinical staff
- Knowledge of credentialing process, delineation of clinical privileges and peer review for dental staff.
- Licensure: Nebraska Dental License, State and Federal DEA Certificate
- Proficiency with meeting facilitation and project management Language: English fluency (Spanish, Burmese, Mai Mai and Sudanese language fluency a plus)
- Hours of Work: Expect to work 40 hour a week minimum.
- Required active BLS certificate
- Completes 30 hours of dental CE education every 2 years as required by NE state dental board
- Travel: Some travel required.
| Date Posted
August 23, 2017
| Date Closes
September 22, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
29-1021.00 Dentists, General
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Doctor (On-site)
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Holiday Party
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
This job is related other jobs in these career categories