Job Title: Crisis Counselor
Department: Crisis Counseling
Reports To: Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing individual and group crisis counseling, facilitating support groups and psycho-educational groups as well as providing training to volunteers, staff and community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial assessments and provide individual crisis counseling for clients.
- Facilitate support groups and psychoeducational groups.
- Provide training to volunteers, staff and community members.
- Coordinate referrals with other professionals, organizations and agencies for clients who require additional services.
- Maintain client files and provide required reports for grant-funded activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work and licensure as a Mental Health Provider in the State of Nebraska. Licensure as an independent mental health practitioner preferred. At least three years of experience in counseling or social work preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred. WCA also strongly values the personal, lived experience of individuals from all backgrounds.
- Ability to speak Spanish and English preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population and cultural backgrounds.
- Understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking issues.
- Ability to problem solve with clients.
- Previous experience with training and facilitating groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and database programs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Responsible for providing own transportation to meet with clients and other community providers.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality standards of the agency and in accordance with HIPAA standards.
- Commitment to the mission of the Women’s Center for Advancement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be in a normal office environment while performing the duties of this job and will be required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. In addition, employee will be required to drive to other locations to conduct agency business.