If you are ready for an opportunity to make a difference in the world with the work you do while enjoying a meaningful career, we have a great opportunity for you as Financial Analyst!
At Home Instead, Inc. we are Changing the Face of Aging®, and we require enthusiastic and collaborative professionals.
If you have a passion for serving others and enjoy building relationships, this is the position for you!
As Financial Analyst you’ll:
- Prepare financial forecast for the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Drive annual budgeting process, including the build-out of the income statement plan.
- Develop and enhance analytical models and analyze financial and non-financial data.
- Lead and participate in special projects and research on transaction items.
- Document key business processes, identify and execute on efficiency opportunities.
- Collaborate and build key relationships with business partners; bring new ideas forward and inform.
- Lead, develop, and enhance analytical capabilities through corporate tools such as MS Power BI, Oracle NetSuite, and MS Excel.
- Execute and implement the strategic direction of the company and department.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Two to three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Experience in financial analysis, financial modeling is of particular value.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understand and uphold the policies and procedures established by Home Instead and the related role to the Finance Department.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to listen intently and effectively.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staff.
- Proficient in or the ability to quickly learn MS Office Suite, specifically MS Excel. Additional experience in VBA, SQL, and/or related data querying and visualization is valuable.
- Experience in developing budgets, forecasts, analysis, and data mining.
- Ability to oversee projects from beginning to end, including incorporation of new ideas and best practices and evaluation of processes and procedures in order to recommend improvements and changes when appropriate.
- Focused on continuous improvement, achievement of results, and ownership of work & projects.
- Bias toward action, proactively identify & solve issues, drives efficiencies and innovation in the role.
- Ability to establish & execute against deadlines; effectively communicate with management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, efficient time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a larger team.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information in a simplified, clear way.
- Must be detailed oriented and balance within the view of the bigger picture.
- Exhibits problem solving & technical skills, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
- Self-driven, effectively handle ambiguity, and willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to utilize creativity thinking in improvement of business processes.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills essential, as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms to operate office equipment.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional office setting.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of the time.
This is an advisor level role (senior individual contributor). Across the organization, all advisor-level roles include the following responsibilities and attributes:
- Proactively manage and handle additional responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Achieve results.
- Take ownership of work and projects.
- Perform assigned responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Focus on efficiencies and creative ways to innovate responsibilities of role.
- Proactively find opportunities for continuously learning.
- Involved in the organization outside of department through committees or project work.
- Mid-level knowledge of functional area.
- Self-starter and take initiative to get things done without being asked.
- Exhibit a high level of personal accountability, which involves commitment, ownership, resilience, and continuous learning.
- Contribute to the culture; lead by example; be a role model.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
At the Global Headquarters, we lead a worldwide network of independently owned and operated franchises. We partner with amazing franchise owners who lead and inspire teams of key players and CAREGiversSM who provide personalized care, support and education to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. These franchise offices provide 100 million hours of care annually and employ nearly 100,000 CAREGivers, whose work enables seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead® network partners with clients and their family members to meet various individual needs. We provide services and offer resources that span the care continuum – from personal care and specialized Alzheimer’s care to hospice support and free family caregiver education resources. Home Instead is globally changing the face of aging.
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
To us, it’s personal® doesn’t just extend to our clients; it extends to our employees, their families, and the benefits they receive. Home Instead, Inc. takes a holistic approach to benefits and our philosophy is to support employees and their families throughout life’s journey. We help employees achieve work/life integration, plan for the future, celebrate successes and provide protection in unexpected situations. The Home Instead, Inc. package covers three general areas and includes:
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – Employees may choose between a high deductible health plan and PPO. Premiums are partially subsidized by Home Instead.
- Dental Insurance – Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- Vision Insurance – Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- The Kitchen Table – Provides an on-site dining experience. Employees enjoy delicious, nutritious meals prepared daily by our personal chef and chef’s assistant. Home Instead subsidizes the cost to keep prices affordable. The Kitchen Table gives us the space and time to build relationships through food and fellowship.
- Wellness Program – Includes an optional annual health risk assessment, $300 a year for wellness, annual health fair, flu shots, and on-site massages.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Benefits+ – This program provides funds to help make benefits more affordable for employees and their families. Employees receive $2,000 for 2021 (new employees hired after January 1, 2021 receive a prorated amount based on their benefits eligibility date).
- 401(k) Plan – Offers a 5% employer match, and free expert financial consulting services.
- Tuition Assistance – Home Instead provides employees up to $5,250 each calendar year for continuing education.
- Student loans – Employees have the option of using Benefits+ dollars of $2,000 to help pay student loans.
- Life Insurance – Employees receive life insurance equal to 1 x salary. In addition, voluntary life insurance is available for employee, spouse and/or children.
- Short Term Disability – Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long Term Disability – Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long term care insurance – Available at employee’s cost.
- Employee Discount Program – Home Instead has relationships with local and national organizations to provide employee discounts on products and services.
- Business Travel Coverage – Covers employees while traveling for business and provides coverage for emergency situations including medical evacuation, hospital fees, family travel expenses, emergency travel arrangements, and additional life insurance.
- Pet insurance – Our fluffy friends are part of the family; pet insurance is a voluntary benefit and affordable option to help cover out-of-pocket expenses.
- Honor PTO – Our Honor PTO program is based on radical trust. We trust employees to be accountable, to get the job done and to work with their teams. There’s no accrual of days off and no set number of days. Employees work with their manager to balance work and personal needs.
- Professional Development – This program provides learning opportunities related to individual roles, professional development, and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Program – Provides free short-term confidential counseling.
- Quarterly Socials – We have fun at Home Instead! Our quarterly socials give us the opportunity to connect and enjoy time with each other.