Web Mktg Technology Specialist
At Home Instead, Inc. ("Home Instead") we are Changing the Face of Aging®, and we require enthusiastic and collaborative professionals!
Home Instead, Inc. is looking for a full stack Web Developer to develop and implement technology solutions that optimize customer experiences on Home Instead Senior Care platforms.
As Web Developer, you’ll:
- Architect and code user-facing web applications.
- Develop web applications in a secure, clean and efficient manner through standards and conventions.
- Collaborate with team and end-users to develop user-friendly solutions that effectively solve business problems.
- Participate in code reviews and provide/receive constructive feedback from peers.
- Use best practices for maintaining the codebase.
- Document code and applications.
- Effectively communicate with a variety of end-users, business managers and other developers on project plans and application functionality.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Coordinate testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
- Perform other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to our internal partners and external customers.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required.
- Three years' experience in development using an Agile or iterative software development methodology.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Prior experience with responsive web design using Bootstrap or similar.
- Understanding and experience with DevOps and CI/CD processes.
- Understanding of key development skills and the application development lifecycle (requirements, development, testing, deployment).
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems such as GIT.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands through to timely completion.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to listen intently and effectively.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staffs.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to consider alternative solutions before making decisions; make timely and sound decisions based on adequate information; makes decisions in the face of uncertainty.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands through to timely completion.
- Problem solving ability, such as the ability to diagnose problems by separating essential from non-essential variables; ability to utilize appropriate resources to resolve an issue through to resolution.
- Ability to comprehend and apply advanced mathematics and statistics, ability to work with complex mathematical concepts and apply these to business situations.
- Ability to oversee projects from beginning to end, including incorporation of new ideas and best practices and evaluation of processes and procedures in order to recommend improvements and changes when appropriate.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms to operate office equipment.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional office setting.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with almost 1,100 independently owned and operated franchises that annually provide more than 80 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible, serving 90,000 seniors daily. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff of over 200 who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
To us, it’s personal® doesn’t just extend to our clients; it extends to our employees, their families, and the benefits they receive. Home Instead, Inc. takes a holistic approach to benefits and our philosophy is to support employees and their families throughout life’s journey. We help employees achieve work/life integration, plan for the future, celebrate successes and provide protection in unexpected situations. The Home Instead, Inc. package covers three general areas and includes:
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – Employees may choose between a high deductible health plan and PPO. Premiums are partially subsidized by Home Instead.
- Dental Insurance – Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- Vision Insurance – Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- The Kitchen Table – Provides an on-site dining experience. Employees enjoy delicious, nutritious meals prepared daily by our personal chef and chef’s assistant. Home Instead subsidizes the cost to keep prices affordable. The Kitchen Table gives us the space and time to build relationships through food and fellowship.
- Wellness Program – Includes an optional annual health risk assessment, $300 a year for wellness, annual health fair, flu shots, and on-site massages.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Benefits+ – This program provides funds to help make benefits more affordable for employees and their families. Employees receive $2,000 for 2020 (new employees hired after January 1, 2020 receive a prorated amount based on their benefits eligibility date).
- 401(k) Plan – Offers a 5% employer match, and free expert financial consulting services.
- Tuition Assistance – Home Instead provides employees up to $5,250 each calendar year for continuing education.
- Student loans – Employees have the option of using Benefits+ dollars of $2,000 to help pay student loans.
- Life Insurance – Employees receive life insurance equal to 1 x salary. In addition, voluntary life insurance is available for employee, spouse and/or children.
- Short Term Disability – Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long Term Disability – Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long term care insurance – Available at employee’s cost.
- Employee Discount Program – Home Instead has relationships with local and national organizations to provide employee discounts on products and services.
- Business Travel Coverage – Covers employees while traveling for business and provides coverage for emergency situations including medical evacuation, hospital fees, family travel expenses, emergency travel arrangements, and additional life insurance.
- Pet insurance – Our fluffy friends are part of the family; pet insurance is a voluntary benefit and affordable option to help cover out-of-pocket expenses.
- Honor PTO – Our Honor PTO program is based on radial trust. We trust employees to be accountable, to get the job done and to work with their teams. There’s no accrual of days off and no set number of days. Employees work with their manager to balance work and personal needs.
- Professional Development – This program provides learning opportunities related to individual roles, professional development, and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Program – Provides free short-term confidential counseling.
- Quarterly Socials – We have fun at Home Instead! Our quarterly socials give us the opportunity to connect and enjoy time with each other.