Do you have a passion for data? Do you enjoy working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment? Ready to make a difference in the world with the work you do? If so, we have a great opportunity for you as a Data Engineer
As the Data Engineer
, you’ll be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate has technical expertise in data modeling and database design, is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer
will support our software developers, architects and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
At Home Instead, Inc. ("Home Instead") we are Changing the Face of Aging®, and we require enthusiastic and collaborative professionals.
As Data Engineer
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Create, design and maintain reusable datasets for analysis by data analyst.
- Assess new data sources to better understand availability and quality of data.
- Provide governance and best practices of data structures, data integrity, and querying optimization.
- Interpret business needs from requests, and rapidly implement effective technical solutions.
- Design, implement and enhance ETL (extract, transform and load) processes.
- Write SQL queries to answer questions from stakeholders.
- Maintain source code repository of scripts (SQL, Python, R) and other data products (dashboards, reports, etc.).
- Work with technology teams to understand data capture and testing needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related technical field preferred and two years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of cloud-based data storage, modeling, development, debugging and optimization. Azure experience a plus.
- Good understanding of SQL Server internals and underlying hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced SQL
- Automation to create reports and dashboards for business process management.
- Quantitative analysis of reports through various KPIs and translating the data into actionable insights for the clients and the senior management
- Implementing data fusion, ETL, information integration, and applying analytics over structured and unstructured client data.
- Working on BI projects both at backend and in client facing roles.
- Technical familiarity with data models and database design.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Engineering Practices (Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, etc.).
- Experience with or knowledge of Scrum or Kanban approaches to work management.
- Experience with or knowledge of using Git/GitHub for source code management.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
- Understand and uphold the policies and procedures established by Home Instead Senior Care and the related role to the Information Technology Department.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to listen intently and effectively.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staffs.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms to operate office equipment.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional office setting.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as required.
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with almost 1,100 independently owned and operated franchises that annually provide more than 80 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible, serving 90,000 seniors daily. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff of over 200 who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
To us, it’s personal® doesn’t just extend to our clients; it extends to our employees, their families, and the benefits they receive. Home Instead, Inc. takes a holistic approach to benefits and our philosophy is to support employees and their families throughout life’s journey. We help employees achieve work/life integration, plan for the future, celebrate successes and provide protection in unexpected situations. The Home Instead, Inc. package covers three general areas and includes:Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – Employees may choose between a high deductible health plan and PPO. Premiums are partially subsidized by Home Instead.
- Dental Insurance – Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- Vision Insurance – Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- The Kitchen Table – Provides an on-site dining experience. Employees enjoy delicious, nutritious meals prepared daily by our personal chef and chef’s assistant. Home Instead subsidizes the cost to keep prices affordable. The Kitchen Table gives us the space and time to build relationships through food and fellowship.
- Wellness Program – Includes an optional annual health risk assessment, $300 a year for wellness, annual health fair, flu shots, and on-site massages.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Benefits+ – This program provides funds to help make benefits more affordable for employees and their families. Employees receive $2,000 for 2020 (new employees hired after January 1, 2020 receive a prorated amount based on their benefits eligibility date).
- 401(k) Plan – Offers a 5% employer match, and free expert financial consulting services.
- Tuition Assistance – Home Instead provides employees up to $5,250 each calendar year for continuing education.
- Student loans – Employees have the option of using Benefits+ dollars of $2,000 to help pay student loans.
- Life Insurance – Employees receive life insurance equal to 1 x salary. In addition, voluntary life insurance is available for employee, spouse and/or children.
- Short Term Disability – Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long Term Disability – Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long term care insurance – Available at employee’s cost.
- Employee Discount Program – Home Instead has relationships with local and national organizations to provide employee discounts on products and services.
- Business Travel Coverage – Covers employees while traveling for business and provides coverage for emergency situations including medical evacuation, hospital fees, family travel expenses, emergency travel arrangements, and additional life insurance.
- Pet insurance – Our fluffy friends are part of the family; pet insurance is a voluntary benefit and affordable option to help cover out-of-pocket expenses.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
- Honor PTO – Our Honor PTO program is based on radical trust. We trust employees to be accountable, to get the job done and to work with their teams. There’s no accrual of days off and no set number of days. Employees work with their manager to balance work and personal needs.
- Professional Development – This program provides learning opportunities related to individual roles, professional development, and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Program – Provides free short-term confidential counseling.
- Quarterly Socials – We have fun at Home Instead! Our quarterly socials give us the opportunity to connect and enjoy time with each other.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)