Working in senior care may not seem like an exciting endeavor, but at Home Instead, Inc. ("Home Instead") we are Changing the Face of Aging® with a singular focus that is anything but boring! To be successful, we require enthusiastic and collaborative professionals.
If you are ready for an opportunity to make a difference in the world with the work you do while enjoying a meaningful career, we have a great opportunity for you as Talent Engagement & Resource Manager
! This position is not housed under Human Resources, but rather focuses on providing consulting services to our operations team and our franchise owners on the recruitment, retention and development of their office staff and CAREGiversSM, through an operational lens.
If you have a passion for serving others and enjoy building relationships, this is the position for you!As Talent Engagement & Resource Manager you’ll:
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Serve as the Home Instead subject matter expert for a franchise’s office staff & CAREGivers in the development, implementation and execution of new programs and resources for our franchise network, to use in operationalizing their processes.
- Field questions related to a franchise’s office staff & CAREGiver roles to support internal and external stakeholders in their quest to apply information to the Home Instead model.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships and provide specialized consultative services to franchise owners.
- Maintain accurate records to track and measure support to franchise owners, including follow up to stakeholders, progress and reinforcement methods to be used.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on a franchise’s office staff roles, as well as the CAREGiver role, to programs or products that could impact these roles (technology, communication, finance, PMO, etc.).
- Partner with the Learning & Development department, as needed, to evaluate and advance curriculum needs of the franchise network.
- Work to continuously develop & enhance knowledge of a franchise’s office staff & CAREGiver experience to guide decision making, improve outcomes and lead initiatives.
- Work to keep pace of changes within the home care industry that may impact a franchise’s talent.
- Continually monitor franchisee talent resources & update, as needed, to ensure they are in alignment with new initiatives and processes.
- Negotiate contracts for products utilized in support of a franchisee’s talent, as needed.
- Act as a content contributor for the applicable section(s) on our intranet.
- Professionally serve as a representative and contact for identified vendors and partners.
- Manage assigned budget.
- Travel, as needed, to fully support role objectives. Expected travel 25% or more.
- Participate in portions of Franchise Training, as required.
- Provide training to departments and others within the Home Office, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or related field.
- Seven years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,200 independently owned and operated franchises that are estimated to annually provide more than 65 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care® offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care® network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care®, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff members who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
The Home Instead, Inc. benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Honor PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site Dining Room