Are you tired of the big corporate grind, and want to do work that makes a difference?
Home Instead, Inc. is looking for an experienced Product Owner who wants to have a significant impact on the lives of seniors around the globe. If you value technology with purpose and a position that allows you to help others, we want to hear from you! If you embrace design-thinking, lean and agile development, and know what it means to contextualize data-driven insights with empathy, we want you on our team!
We’re serious about Changing the Face of Aging® and we’re looking for a rock star team leader who is equally committed to spearheading a new global consumer-facing technology solution.
At our core lies an incredible company culture embodied by our motto, To Us, It's Personal®. If you value a workplace filled with people who genuinely care about you, consider applying at Home Instead. Our expectations will be high, but the impact this work has on families around the world couldn't be more rewarding.
We’re hiring a Product Owner, responsible for the adoption, implementation, and future development of a new global consumer-facing technology solution.
- Serve as the voice of the user presenting solutions to the product team and other stakeholders.
- Effectively work closely with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts in a 1:1 and focus group format to define detailed feature requirements.
- Familiar with User Centered Design practices to ensure user experience is embedded into product requirements.
- Manage the grooming process for product features, including creation of user stories, UI prototypes, and acceptance criteria.
- Plan and prioritize the release product backlog to create a release plan that is shared with the project team.
- Act as decision maker, advocate, and visionary to the product/project core team(s) to enable the highest possible work velocity for the team.
- Serve as an escalation point when product and project impediments are encountered.
- Communicate effectively with the Product Manager to translate requirements into documented features and stories for a product release.
- Set and manage deliverable and timeline expectations with the Product Manager based on team estimates and capacity, allowing the team to focus on completing work.
- Provide project leadership, adapting product offering and facilitation of key product recommendations to the Product Manager for roadmap prioritization. This includes input and recommendations on pricing, positioning, learning and development needs, and product implementation.
- Track the business value of the features/deliverables and communicate to the team.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our front-line technology ecosystem to be able to represent capabilities to North America, international and enterprise teams and understand how our unique requirements can best be met.
- Maintain and encourage a “customer-obsessed” mentality to ensure products deliver on core customer needs and desired outcomes across multiple segments, cultures, and languages.
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure vision and capabilities align across products
- Assist with data collection and analysis through front line technology, and leverage business insights to support product requirements decisions.
- Provide ongoing metrics and assist Product Manager with the delivery of insights to influence strategy and business growth initiatives.
- Maintain working relationship and manage operational contact with strategic partners and other business stakeholders.
- Facilitate an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Assist other teams in the process of end user training materials, marketing communications, release communications and support structure for assigned products.
- Serve as product champion to influence stakeholders to integrate product into their business.
- Provide final approval on functional acceptance criteria and UI designs, identifying business stakeholders required to attend product demos and acceptance testing when needed.
- Provide final acceptance of delivered solutions to ensure completed work is acceptable and fit for the business.
- Travel as needed to fully support above objectives. Expected travel up to 30%.
Education, experience and required skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA, MA, PhD, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 3 year’s product management, product ownership or operations experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Familiar with Agile methodology (Sprint and Kanban) preferred.
- Experience working internationally and across multiple cultures preferred.
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises that are estimated to annually provide more than 65 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff members who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
The Home Instead, Inc. benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Honor PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site Dining Room