At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This Case Manager II will serve as a direct care staff/case manager in a residential substance abuse treatment facility that serves women and their children. This position provides supervision and support to residents as a part of the 24-hour direct care staff, as well as case management services for assigned families. The case manager will be part of the team that provides education and support programming for women, their children and family members.
Compensation (determined upon years of experience): between $17.95 and $21.93 per hour
Work Schedule: part time overnight, between 8 and 16 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provides supervision and support for program participants as a part of residential program staffing for 24 hour per day, 7 day per week schedule.
- *Documents client activity, progress and needs per established record keeping procedures.
- *This is an “awake shift”; case manager is to remain alert at all times to meet client/staff ratio & to monitor families.
- *Implements case management plans and provides support services for program participants under the direction of Office Manager and Assistant Program Director.
- *Does follow-up with individual clients as assigned.
- *Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of facility, including monitoring residents’ activities.
- *Implements case management support and provides support services for office tasks under the direction of Assistant Program Director and Office Manager.
- *Orients clients to WCC rules and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents.
- Assists in medication compliance by monitoring prescription medication counts and coordinating with team.
- Works as a team member with other program staff to provide trauma-informed care to clients.
- *Provides parenting training in one-to-one interaction with clients as needed.
- Networks with community providers and other agency programs in order to assist clients in accessing needed community resources.
- *Remains knowledgeable of support group services that provide support services for persons with substance abuse problems and their families.
- *Develops supportive relationship with clients.
- Advocates for clients in the community.
- Assists with training volunteers in WCC.
- Complete scanning into the electronic health record.
- Able to work independently with little supervision during overnight program coverage.
- Maintains required records and statistical information.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- * Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or a related field preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in human services field
- Alcohol/drug abuse experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking abilities preferred